Monday, March 17, 2014

Preview: Week 3

Clown fun! This GaW idea comes from Dipdac.  The game will involve a multiplayer component, so I'll get to play around with sockets and such in C++ (I could do it in Python or some other , and I may in the end, but for now I want to target C++ for a few more GaWs).

The idea is that each player controls a clown on opposite sides of the screen.  The player can shoot water (from a water gun I think) towards the other clown.  If it hits the other clown, a set of balloons tied to the clown will expand.  Once they expand to the max, they pop and the clown is dead sad.  I'll have to figure out a good design for the balloons when they get close to popping, I am thinking currently they could start oscillating rapidly to show they are nearly about to burst.  Additionally, coins will flow on each side of the screen (or in the middle) where the clown could retrieve it to reduce the water in his balloons.  This opens up some interesting multiplayer competition possibilities as the other player will want to shoot towards the coin to prevent the other player from picking it up, kind of like clown dodge ball.

Again, I'll be using C++ and SDL, and I will be making use of a lot more textures than I have in my previous two entries.  Hopefully I'll have developed a nifty sprite library after this week is complete for use in later games.

Thanks to Dipdac for the idea.

Happy coding!

-Scyfris

No comments:

Post a Comment